9. Try to always squeegee your shower - Squeegees keep your bathroom as clean/dry as possible to prevent limescale, mildew and soap scum buildup. They are effective, sanitary and very easy to clean.
10. Love your oven! - Keep the heart of your kitchen clean by lining the bottom with a nonstick oven liner. It is easy to clean and it can be reused over and over.
11. To clean carpet stain, remember - don't scrub it - blot it! Scrubbing can damage the carpet fibers and make the stain spread. Be gentle and patient. Soak and blot by pressing a clean white towel or absorbent paper into the carpet and lift. Then repeat the process until the stain is removed.
Start with plain warm water (use cold water for blood stains) then you can go for other solutions if water does not work (water plus vinegar, water plus mild washing up liquid).
You can use baking soda to remove odor from carpets - just sprinkle baking soda over surface of the carpet and vacuum in 15-30 minutes.
Whatever solution you use, always pretest on a small section of carpet.
12. Vacuum hard floors instead of sweeping them. - Using a good vacuum cleaner will deliver better results, be more efficient and improve indoor air quality. The vacuum sucks up and removes all the dust and the soil, while brooms leave fine dust and don't get edges and corners well. We would recommend cylinder vacuum cleaners:
- They are very efficient at cleaning all floors (hard floors and carpet);
- They can access hard-to-reach areas as narrow gaps and under furniture;
- They are smaller and lighter;
- They are normally cheaper;
- They are much easier to maneuver.