End of Tenancy Checklist
• Wash/polish all work surfaces.
• Clean the insides of all cupboards (shelves and doors). Remove
all old food stuffs, carrier bags etc.
• Clean the tops of wall units and underneath them
• Clean exterior and interior of drawers
• Clean the sink, taps, wastes and draining areas, remove lime
scale* and polish where required.
• Degrease the wall tiles, then clean and polish them.
• Internal oven cleaning, removal of built up grease as well as
clean exterior and polish any external chrome.
• Clean hobs, gas rings and gas control knobs
• Clean and remove grime from extractor and extractor grill.
• Fridge / freezer cleaning, grime, mildew and food deposit
removal. Clean rubber.
• Clean washing machine inside and out. Clean rubber at the door.
Clean soap drawers.
• Clean dishwasher inside and out (if any).
• Clean soap dispensers and filters of washing machines and
• Clean microwave inside and out
• Clean exterior of all appliances including kettle, toaster.
• Empty and clean bin, dispose of rubbish
• Hoover and mop the floor, clean skirting boards, clean light
switches (front and edges)
• Clean windows and window frames, clean doors, tops of doors
and door handles
• Appropriately and safely clean and wipe all socket outlets,
switches, light fittings, shades
• Shower screen de-scaled*, cleaned and polished.
• Degrease the wall tiles, then clean end polish them.
• Bath, basin, taps, shower and fittings to be cleaned, de-scaled*,
dried and polished.
• Shower heads and waste fittings to be cleaned, de-scaled*, dried
• Toilet to be de-scaled*, and brushed clean. Seat to be cleaned and disinfected.
• All soap and shampoo deposits to be removed.
• Mirrors to be cleaned and polished.
• Extractor fans and air vents to wiped
• Floors to be washed and polished. If carpet, is existent floors
will be vacuumed.
Bedrooms and General areas
(lounge, hallway, stairs, etc.):
• Dusting throughout, including: light fittings and shades, light
switches, skirting boards, curtain rails, wall pictures, mirrors,
fire surround, radiators, stairs.
• All furniture will be moved and vacuumed underneath. Dust
skirting boards behind furniture.
• Remove cobwebs.
• All other floors to be washed.
• All glass (furniture tops, mirrors, picture frames etc) to be
cleaned with window cleaner.
• Windows to be cleaned internally. Windows sills to be wiped down.
• All doors, door frames and the top of doors to be cleaned. Door
handles to be polished.
• Drawers and shelves to be cleared of any rubbish (newspapers
and magazines etc.) and telephone directories to be kept and
• Upholstery vacuumed, also cushions lifted and cleaned
• All wooden furniture to be carefully wiped clear of dust.
• All bedroom furniture /storage units will be clean inside and out.
*Please note that it is not always possible to remove all limescale from
bathroom, toilet and shower areas, if it has not been cleaned off